top of page
Welcome to the Neighborhood
Peak’s Suburban Addition is the earliest developed portion of East Dallas, as well as its oldest residential neighborhood. Some claim it is older than the city of Dallas itself, which was granted a town charter in 1856.
Our neighborhood began with the large estate built in 1855 by Captain Jefferson Peak on the corner of Worth and Peak Streets. This house was the first brick house in Dallas. Peak was a major landowner who at one time owned all of the land from Elm to Capital and Carroll to Haskell. Major East Dallas streets still bear Peak’s name and those of his children: Junius, Worth, Victor, and Carroll.
bottom of page